Saturday, January 28, 2012

Family

When we say we are family owned and operated it means more than just a "hey look at us, we a good people because we have a family." Patrick and I are brothers, and we own the majority of the shop. Our parents also have a little ownership in the shop, and one of our other brothers is about to invest in "our dream" as he calls it. Pat and I have a total of 3 brothers and one sister, and I can say that our parents raised us all to be successful. They taught us life isn't fair, and nothing is guaranteed, but since we live in the greatest nation on Gods green earth you have the freedom to try and succeed! Amen! So here we are giving it our best try. It's funny when I think back to our younger years Pat and I and all my brothers had to keep some pretty sad cars running if we wanted to get from point a to point b. Our father would buy a car that typically would run, but barely. He would then let us drive it, if we could keep it running, put gas in it and pay for the insurance on it... It was a reasonable deal... Sometimes... We worded on several Rabbits, a station wagon, and a few other off brand hatch back type cars. Engines, transmissions, starters, plugs... You name it we replaced it. And now most of us don't work on our cars anymore we would all take our cars to Patrick no matter where he worked (once you find a mechanic you can trust you don't loose him :). I have now bet my life savings on it! I think my parents did a lot of right things, but probably the main thing they did was loved us enough to raise us to love ourselves and each other... Ok enough mushy stuff, is there a football game on right now?

I now have a little family of my own including one wife and 2 smart, funny and beautiful little girls. Patrick has a little bit bigger family with 5 boys and 1 girl. We both totally love our families they way we were loved... Darn it how did I get back to this love thing again... Who's in the superbowl again?

And now we have an extended family with our boys at the shop Colin, Scott and Jorge. Colin should really be my brother...oh but our story is a WHOLE new story.

Family owned and operated... You better believe it, and I promise you, you will see it!

Chris
www.lonestarautorepair.com

No comments:

Post a Comment